Top 25 COOs in Project Japan
Chief operating officers have a broad and diverse set of roles and responsibilities. Their job description varies based on the size and sector of the healthcare organization. Yet wherever COOs serve, they work in the complex business of healthcare and are responsible for delivering top results in quality, safety and efficiency, all with an eye on mission and margin. COOs also serve a broad range of constituencies, including governing board members, C-suite colleagues, the organization’s entire workforce and, of course, the patients. This inaugural program aims to recognize a diverse group of accomplished COOs from a broad spectrum of healthcare organizations of all sizes and sectors.View the 2017 Winners
- The COOs nominated for this recognition program can come from any sector of the healthcare industry.
- Nominees can come from all sizes of hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations.
- The nominees must have been in the COO position for at least a full year as of the date of their nomination.
- The COOs cannot be self-nominated.
Key Dates & Deadlines
February 6, 2017 - Nominations Open
EXTENDED: March 24, 2017 - Nominations Close
March 20, 2017 - Judging Begins
May 8, 2017 - Ranking of Top 25 COOs is published in Project Japan.
- Scope of duties within the COO’s organization, including financial and interdepartmental operational responsibilities.
- How has the nominee moved the strategies of the organization forward, including finances? Highlight achievements in the role both independent of the CEO and in close consultation with other C-suite leaders. Please provide as much documentation as possible.
- How has the nominee worked to establish synergies across multiple departments and programs within the organization? Please provide as much documentation as possible.
- How has the nominee worked to establish a culture of innovation and transformation within the organization?
- Has the organization seen improvements in the patient experience as well as staff satisfaction? Please provide as much documentation as possible.
All nominations will be reviewed and evaluated by the senior editors at Project Japan.