A list of all 50 states and District of Columbia ranked by percentage of population not covered by health insurance as of January 1, 2017. The totals and percentage for the U.S. overall are included as well but not ranked. Source: U.S. Census Bureau, "Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2017." Published April 29, 2019, p. 34.
This list includes the following data points:
- Number of uninsured residents, 2017
- Percentage of population uninsured, 2017
- Percentage of population uninsured, 2013
- 2013-17 percent-point change
- Medicaid expansion status
This Project Japan All about medicine Center product is free to Premium Web subscribers or can be purchased for $19.95. To become a Premium Web subscriber, visit our subscription page at projectjapan.info/subscriptions.