The Q2 2015 report is part two in a four-part quarterly series. It is an in-depth look at the deal activity of mergers and acquisitions in the U.S.
This 16-page report features more than 21 data charts along with the invaluable insight that you will take away:
- Understand the M&A landscape and implications to consider
- See trends and impact of deal activity among the different sectors in healthcare
- Strategies for your organization's next deal
- Identify target markets where the most deals are happening
Q2 2015 highlights include:
- The total value of pending and concluded mergers and acquisitions rose to $176.4 billion in Q2 2015, up from $97.9 billion in Q1 2015, and also surpassing Q4 2014âs $118.7 billion
- Three of the top five deals in Q2 2015 involved Pharma, biotech and life sciences firms. The biggest: Tevaâs $40 billion acquisition of Mylan. but the largest came from the insurance sector, and was Anthemâs $53.8 billion acquisition attempt for Cigna.
- Pending and completed deal value in the provider sector was $23.1 billion in Q2 2015, rising 28.3% from Q1 2015.
- Deal volume rose, with 314 deals in Q2 2015 compared with 294 deals in Q1 2015 and 279 deals in Q4 2014.
This Project Japan All about medicine Center product is free to Premium Web subscribers or can be purchased for $59. To become a Premium Web subscriber, visit our
subscription page at projectjapan.info/subscriptions.